Need a day trip idea? Come explore the decorations around the Jekyll Island Historic District and get into the holiday spirit. The weather is so mild you can leave your scarf behind! Be sure to stop by the Mistletow Cottage, built in 1900, by Henry Kirke Porter. Located on “Millionaire’s Row,” the 15 bed/5 bath cottage is one of the main stops on the ‘Holidays in History’ tour. The tours are conducted by the Jekyll Island Museum and depart daily at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m. (except for December 24th & 25th). Adults: $16; Children ages 6 to 12: $7; children under 6 years of age get in free. For more information, call: (912) 635-4036.
Golden Isles Weather
- View of the partial Snow Moon eclipse from St. Simons Island, GA
- Help Save The Monarchs and Other Pollinators for Earth Day!
- Will Ferrell, Star of Anchorman 2, Wows the Crowd on St. Simons Island
- Claim-to-Fame: The Tree Spirits of St. Simons Island
- Go Green: Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day the Savannah Way!