Spotting a great blue heron is always a majestic sight. Look for them alongside riverbanks, the coastline, and even backyard docks. They hunt and eat around the clock, but are especially active during the early morning hours. So, if you happen to see a giant grey bird with a 6 ft. wingspan, a prehistoric sounding honk, and an evil-eye that makes you want to run to your mommy – you probably saw one!
Golden Isles Weather
- View of the partial Snow Moon eclipse from St. Simons Island, GA
- Help Save The Monarchs and Other Pollinators for Earth Day!
- Will Ferrell, Star of Anchorman 2, Wows the Crowd on St. Simons Island
- Claim-to-Fame: The Tree Spirits of St. Simons Island
- Go Green: Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day the Savannah Way!